Director: Health Standards Development and Training (Ref no OHSC 17/2020) (Ref #: OHSC 17/2020)
Salary: An all-inclusive remuneration package of R 1 057 326 per annum (basic salary consists of 70% of the total package, Employer’s contribution to the Government Employee Pension Fund (13% of basic salary) and a flexible portion). The flexible portion of the package can be structured according to OHSC guidelines.
- A Bachelor’s degree in health sciences.
- A post graduate qualification in Public Health or Quality Management would be an advantage.
- A minimum of eight (8) years experience in healthcare delivery and/or management including experience in the development or review of health standards for regulations and measurement tools, five (5) of which must have been at a middle management or equivalent level.
- Knowledge of the norms and standards for health establishments.
- Excellent communication, analytical and report writing skills.
- A valid driver’s license .
- Develop and implement the Health Standards research, design and development management framework.
- Direct the drafting, testing, validation and periodic review of tools to measure compliance with health standards and norms.
- Direct the drafting, consultation and finalisation of health standards for consideration by the Minister and publication for public comments.
- Direct the capability development of OHSC compliance inspectors, complaints assessors and investigators.
- Direct the management of health standards guidance and support.
- General management of staff and other resources in accordance with OHSC policies and any other reasonable responsibilities.
Closing Date: 22 July 2020
Enquiries: Ms. L Mashiane or Mr. M Mavotsho at telephone numbers: (012) 942 7839/7808
PLEASE NOTE: a practical test relating to key areas of knowledge and skills may form part of the competency assessment where relevant. Applications should be submitted for attention of Ms L Mashiane, Office of Health Standards Compliance. Hand delivered applications may be submitted to reception at the OHSC building, No 79 Steve Biko Road, Prinshof, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001. Posted applications may be submitted to Private Bag X 21, Arcadia, 0007. Applications should be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV with details pertaining to previous experience. Certified copies of qualification certificates (including matric), ID, driver’s licence and proof of registration, where required, must accompany your CV. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications and national certificates (where applicable) evaluated by SAQA and to submit proof of such with their applications. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered. Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with requirements will not be considered. The OHSC reserves the right not to fill the above post. Applicants are respectfully informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only; if notification of an interview is not received within 3 months after the closing date, applicants may regard their application as unsuccessful. Candidates called to an interview will be informed at the time of setting up the interview, if a practical test will form part of the selection process. Candidate(s) will be subjected to personal suitability checks and other vetting procedures.